Friday, March 18, 2011

A Letter of Warm Gratitude

Dear Dr. Robertson,

Aloha! I am one Jasmin's girlfriends in Hawaii. I am so glad to hear she is safe and sound in Japan. Jasmin is one of the most inspirational and loving women I know! Jasmin shared your inspirational story with me two years ago, as I was going through a very challenging point in my life.

After having to leave my husband with my small baby, Jasmin hugged me and told me how you raised her on your own. When she said this, I knew me and my son Jackson would be fine. I had a dream to start my life over on my own terms. Your words have really struck a chord in my heart.

For the past two years, I have rebuilt our lives. I truly believe that you must have action in order to fulfill your dreams. I have learned to take care of us and be an independent woman. I have set goals and I am reaching them..slowly. :) I ran my first race in Hawaii and I have returned to graduate school. Single parent hood has been full of challenges, but I have learned through your story that you can accomplish anything.

Thank you so much for all that you do! I have been following your podcasts every morning. I have been wanting to write you for some time but felt compelled today.

With all my gratitude,

Cicily Bilecki

No comments:

Post a Comment